I H8 Breakcore Friends

Here you can list what you have to offer, and what you need.

I H8 Breakcore Friends

Postby verdroid » Thu May 10, 2012 9:41 pm

for those who like some fun competition, with nothing to win or loose:
Divtech made a samplepack for such a comp. deadline is in about 5 weeks [dirol]

check it out:
http://www.ihatebreakcore.com/modules.p ... 7144#58763
verdroid
Alumni Group Leader

Re: I H8 Breakcore Friends

Postby Vojeet » Fri May 11, 2012 9:33 am

Hehe, I'll give it a try.
Deadline will be 10/06/2012, good good.
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby Mina » Fri May 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Well, we participated to the last contest and never had any answer from them, like who's the "winner", if winner there should be (?). I even send a message on Soundcloud, still no answer. IDK who's ruling this and I don't want to offend anyone, because I know you love this IH8Breakcore dudes, but : WTF?
Mina
Founder

Postby verdroid » Fri May 11, 2012 5:50 pm

yeah i listened that again just yesterday [biggrin] asked the same question. no answer - but i don't mind.
i like the challenge i get every event. every-one has the same rules and still...

also coming up (probably, cause there's a huge lack of organisation indeed): a happy hardcore event [good]

hint, tip, idea,...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwQevxXiI-I&feature=related[/youtube]

i'm bloody serious
verdroid
Alumni Group Leader

Postby Cheomap » Mon May 14, 2012 12:33 am

@mina... No one person really was controling those contests..
When that site had the old owner, they had contests every month, and it was programmed into the site to lock the deadline, collect the tracks, open for viewing & voting... Voting lasted like 3 or 5 days, then the winner would be declared..
This was all done automaticly.

After a while of the owner not fixing the broken contest section, everyone on the site bitched about no contests..
So i said why wait for the site to be fixed, lets DIY it!
So i agreed to collect the tracks, and took it upon myself to display on an 'unofficial' soundcloud acct.

Since the diy movement, we havent really been precise when it came to voting or who won..
So they've been more of a for fun thing...
But pepcore has taken over ownership of that site since then, but i dont think he knows his way around the old owner's (john merrik) code.

I have only logged on to that acct just to upload the contest tracks.
So i guess im to blame for tjere not being a 'presence' on that end
But the way it was set up was; whoever got the most hearts (track that was favorited the most), was the winner..
But we never really declared and ending to the voting.
Sorry ;(
Dont blame ihatebreakcore ;)
Just like the Moon, i too would never turn my back on this world.
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Mina » Thu May 17, 2012 11:09 am

Ok Cheo, I understand, the fact is that I worked hard on the track, me & SNM have been composing the music, the lyrics, then record it and released. Despite the fact we considered we didn't have enough time to master it, as there was a deadline, we released it there. Then I asked to some friends, in private messages, and in public too, to vote for us. We may not have a lot of votes, the track is maybe hard to understand or even to like, but in the end we have 11 like.
So, I wanted, if we were or not the winners, to thanks all those who answered and came to vote for us. It's very important in these type of situations to THANK ppl that are involved for us. Then if we don't give any news, next time they will think "I won't do anything for them, last time they never told about their project anymore". Aka we loose credibility on this. And also, the track was downloadable, which I'm not happy with, because we wanted to master it better. And last thing is that now I wonder if this track is released on I8breakcore or what? What's about this? Can we still release it on MockRadar?
Well many questions you may be able to answer so.
In the end, is there any winner or not? I may send a mess to my friend to thank them, but all the point in telling them to come (which I don't like to do, ppl come to hear our track, or not, I don't force them into listening our music) was to vote for us, so we win. So I kinda don't know what to say to them. They may ask "did you win" so I will say... I don't know but thank you anyways. Which will screw their trust on our next projects...
In the end, I have worked for I8breakcore, I have made some promo for them by giving link to my contacts, and I would have prefer to do it for MockRadar, honestly. I would have never act like this if it wouldn't have been a "contest", I may just have done this track for our next album, that's it. And, in the end, I though it was good to work with some other label, to cross promo on this type of things. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell............ I would have take this in my own way, like declaring as we got the most favorited, so we win, make posts on Twitter, on my blog, and some promo about it, if there wasn't Verdroid involved. We're in the same team, and it's kinda rude to do this.

http://soundcloud.com/unofficial-alumni/blissphemy-i-just-ride-my
Mina
Founder

Postby Cheomap » Thu May 17, 2012 5:04 pm

I hear ya about all that. I didnt know you were waiting a response or anything.
It really wasnt such an official happening..
1-So i can change it so you cant download.
2-its not an official release, so you can expect to 'release' it officially with absolutely no concern.
So thats good. Its a great track, and u should def use for something.
Sorry u were waiting
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Cheomap » Thu May 17, 2012 5:08 pm

I could also add "unmastered version" to the name i u want
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Mina » Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 am

OK Cheo, thank you for this explanations.
I think we will release another version so. I still don't know a lot of things about I8Breakcore, I will be glad to get in touch with them one day.
I'm sorry if I seem to be angry about this, but I have been involved in so many projects before with people just asking things from me, presenting my work on their name, and having absolutely no gratitude about it, nor a quotation, nor news about it after, that I'm kinda *suspicious* about this type of things. In the end, I'm happy that you're the one taking care of this, you know I love you ;)
Please take off the "download" button and I'm not sure if we can put something like "unmastered", but maybe "preview" or "work in progress" is better? [mik]
Mina
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 pm

@Verdroid
Project is in progress, but I have one problem. My track title tells something about horses and I have added one horse sound. Everything else is taken from the divtech sample pack. Am I disqualified now? If yes, than it is okay and I have another idea for a MR release. A compilation of with the condition to use a horse sound sample.
Vojeet
El Capitan

Next

Return to Collaborations