IDEA 4 A COMP (DJ friendly tracks for a mix)

Here you can list what you have to offer, and what you need.

IDEA 4 A COMP (DJ friendly tracks for a mix)

Postby Cheomap » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:54 pm

So Mina had suggested us submitting tracks for a comp, that a dj (tba) would then mix in a set.

- i was thinking of giving it a theme. for example, taking some classic house music tracks, and remixing them into a dif genre..
- i thought it would be good if we all agreed on a bpm to make the tracks at... give or take like 20 bpm.. just so when mixed, the track you submitted gets played at a tempo that doesn't destroy it's quality/original intention.
-when we got enough, we'll get one of our DJ friends to mix it for us... only using [sitelogo] tracks. [biggrin]

-def make it DJ friendly, and have a strong intro/outro.

Theme to be discussed.... i was only suggesting an example... but i'd be down to redo some old house/techno hits to mash the F up. Could be called something like " Condemned House vol.one " or something...

Thoughts? Takers?

After we get our thoughts and criteria in order... we'll announce with official rules, deadline, 'n what have you.
Just like the Moon, i too would never turn my back on this world.
Cheomap
Founder

Re: IDEA 4 A COMP (DJ friendly tracks for a mix)

Postby SNM » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Im totz down 4 this, I want to do a sik remix of the "wikid witch from the west" from the wizard of oz for this,.... sorry its been a dream of mine since I was 5 yrs old to remix this track "da dan da dan da daa daaa daaa dun duna dun dun da daaa" "da da daaa duuuun" Im so on this "OhMySmurf" [pleasantry]
SNM
Founder

Postby Alojzy Kowalczyk » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:57 am

Fuckin' fantastic idea! I'm down wit' dis' yo.

THEME IDEAS:
Remixes of old ad- or theme-songs.
Remixes of old techno and house tracks.
Remixes of old-school rock classics (if 1200 micrograms can do it, we can).
Alojzy Kowalczyk
Alumni

Postby Mina » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:10 am

aaaaaw I wish I knew how to mix (mix good I mean, I'm just starting to learn) to participate :]
maybey I can propose some VJ mix when it's done? ;)

thanks for putting here my proposition Cheo <3 [good]
Mina
Founder

Postby SNM » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 am

I still like the idea of doing movie themes
SNM
Founder

Postby Cheomap » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Mina wrote:thanks for putting here my proposition Cheo <3 [good]

yeah of course [biggrin] it's a good idea.... no, it's a great idea!!

Maybe we can include all the theme suggestions.. old house tracks... movies.. and what AlojSick suggested too.. mix-mosh of tv as well. why not? -but def keep it more dj friendly, rather than punky stuff.

1- BPM, guys? slower stuff, like 120? or go a bit faster, 200.....225?
whatchall think?
2- Once we agree on everything.. this could be a good project to get some more of our outside-friends involved with the site.. just an example, but i'd prob ask some more electro-heavy producers to be apart. (obviously people i listen to.. not just random people)
3- @Mina .. after we get the final mixed set from a DJ... you should totally do a vj set [yahoo] .. that would be the icing on the cake!
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Alojzy Kowalczyk » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:03 pm

I still think that the advertisement-theme thing is the best one. And I'd say around 130bpm. Nice and housey.
Cillit Bang-techno!
Alojzy Kowalczyk
Alumni

Postby Cheomap » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:11 pm

that theme would be interesting... but a whole dj set of it might be a bit .... hokey, no? a little too jokey?
130 sounds good to me
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Mina » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 am

As I think "cinema" theme has been done many times, TV themes is a good idea... Plus it can be designed / imagined in a cultural criticism way, like "blow/crash/smash/destroy mass culture manipulation" [spiteful]

So any TV show intro/outro, advertising musics (and sentences), can be used. @SNM : didn't we talk about making a rmx of IT Crowd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bH-MdVCLWM) intro one day?

Some 80's tvshow would be so fun to work on, thinking of Bewitched (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-8uk_uDP4) or The little House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9YZzuhBLs4).

For those looking for inspiration, Doctor Who's original soundtrack is amazing, with wonderful sounds and melodies. And there are also all the anime culture, wich main of it is based on TV Shows, I'm thinking of FLCL OST, wich is rock-jap-punk style, or Cowboy Bebop... [yahoo]

Awww grrr again that I can't do any proper music works actually!!! [nea]

I don't know who's gonna mix it all together, but some sentences will be needed between tracks I think, like a tvnews speaker intro, or weather talking, etc...

@SNM : there was an animation TV show made in 1990 of The Wizard Of Oz, so I think your RMX idea is still on ;)
Mina
Founder

Postby Alojzy Kowalczyk » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:43 am

You're full of fucking great ideas Mina! This collab-idea is getting better and better with every post.

I don't know who's gonna mix it all together, but some sentences will be needed between tracks I think, like a tvnews speaker intro, or weather talking, etc...

I'm always willing to record something in a silly voice.
Alojzy Kowalczyk
Alumni

Next

Return to Collaborations