Call to participations !!! (end November)

Post the audio from your gig's here.

Call to participations !!! (end November)

Postby Kyesos » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Hey freaks !

K's on keyboard just to check your bones. Maybe you've heard I was some kindo "Online Parties" addict. Not for fame or self esteem ; just the matter to share at a moment with the whole planet that is thinking "yeah, it's shit everywhere but we don't care : LET'S PARTYYYY!".

So, here's the plan :
- Selecting a date all together (participating creatives) to drop a realtime event on the web for the end of November. (this event should have a duration over 24H to be shared in nights of all planet's places!)

- What shit should we spread ?
. For sure, audio will be a good stand to fly around. You can bring your recorded live unpublished sessions (I insist on this!) or go on air, live, if you've got all required hardware and connection (you can stream from a single 128kbps connection dudes / we make the relays). Make sure that if you sign in for a live set, you'll have to be available at the right time, in day and hours (the planet is huge, night party for L.A. is quite not the same in Kyoto or Paris ^^).
. Image performers are also welcome. We can make available few tools for direct online live drawings, or drop some slide shows about thematics. Video mixers can also play live (drop your questions to @MinkyMina). Short makers can also promote their works, still they stay on some "indy" themes (no, sorry: no room for Portal exercises there ;)).

I push the info there just to check feedback. Been working in very small team for long time made me guess it was possible to go farther. I'm quite sure there are load of people wishing to show out but not able to have the structure to play their arts. Here it is now ! ^^

#RULE 1: if you tell you'll be bringing something, YOU DO IT (or we'll have to push your soul from your ass in a very painfull way...).
#RULE 2: you know what means PLANNING. That's not just a game, and if you expect to give a professional image of your works, then you should consider respecting delays & meetings/discussions needed to plan the event. If not, stay playing alone on Ustream...
#RULE 3: We're all different, and that's the source of the power making us active ! No matter about the styles, as in pictures or sounds, there's room for everyone responsible enough to sign in seriously in such project !

I've got some organisation/hardware plans, but it's too early to talk about. Just remember that your talent and a connection are the only things needed. We can bring them high. Also, consider that communicating about the event from each of you will make it bigger, no matter if you're V.I.P. or just experimenting some stuff. Federation of creatives is the only way we can show wonders to people who are slaves to usual (boring) medias...

Drop your questions & suggestions below, and eventually drop a sign to this call for participation ^^...
Kyesos
Alumni

Re: Call to participations !!! (end November)

Postby SNM » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Ha! Wikid, Im totally down for this [dirol]
Im thinking an SNM performance with VJMina visuals, 1 bottle of KY Bourbon, and a fat bag o smoke to boot

[yahoo]
SNM
Founder

Postby Kyesos » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:36 pm

15 days for teasing... 20 more for organising...

Smells like I'm gonna handle all this alone.
No problem : digital live event experimented bitch ! ^^

Expect... NOIZZZZ !!! ]B-P
Kyesos
Alumni

Postby Mina » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 am

I'm in for the visuals, depending on my location it will be a pre-montage or a live, anyway I will be on the chat, make some promos on my streams, and surely help for tech spec as we do always work together K.!
Mina
Founder

Postby Kyesos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm a bit sad :
The call did not result in having some serious candidates interested in participating...
... so I think I will wank again for hours, streaming live with Mina.

Still some more days before I close the event : on 20th of November, all you'll be able to is to be watcher/listener.

Another time maybe...

N.B.: event still planned to play on 30th of November, near 21:00 Paris GMT.
Kyesos
Alumni

Postby SNM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 am

Kyesos wrote:
N.B.: event still planned to play on 30th of November, near 21:00 Paris GMT.

C'mon guys lets get that community spirit alive, surely some of u have got a set laying around that u can send my man to stream, its gunna be mad promotion lets show em what we got here @ [sitelogo] [clapping]
SNM
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 pm

This idea is great! There is a "but" for me.
I would like to play some sets from my own projects (Breakbeat, Techno, Drum & Bass, Breakcore, Speedcore, Noizecore. Experimental) and at the same time the webcam is recording my annoying dog Paule and some scribbles I can do.
And here is my own "but". I do not have the structure to play/participate. At home I have a UMTS connection and a 1GB traffic limit - ARGH! At work I have DSL, but it is a little bit hard to manage the time where I can be alone in the office - with my obnoxious dog. Oh, here is another "but". But maybe I can manage this. What I need is an explaination how to stream the sounds and the webcam video of my... disturbing dog and an excact date/time.
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby SNM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

will be collecting set From Orca and maybe Alojzy Kowalzyk also have gotten a great set from Vojeet for this Ill be sending ur way soon
SNM
Founder

Postby Kyesos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Some tech' details (I should have mention before, hum -shame_)

For streaming, a 128K upload is enough for sound / 512 if you expect sending SD video.

What we'll do is relay the stream on more massive structures to allow many listeners/viewers. In extreme cases, we inivite DJ/VJ's to directly send their stream to a Ustream account - while in this mode, the unique URL to meet online just become a display for relaying the connecting URL users should go to...

We're actually working on more different solutions that may give each DJ/VJ more ease in streaming on his own.

And as said upper their : if being synch' on the Paris GMT chanel for playing is difficult for you, you can still send your mix pre-recorded ; we'll stream it for you !

In any case, don't forget to send a visual, short description and URL to visit your official place. You can drop it straight (or via FileServe / M.U. / etc. for huge files) to : ctc10 "at" kyesos -dot- com
Same e-mail if you have any question/suggestion...

THX - Guess to hear of yours before Nov.20th, date all is supposed to be planned / 30th will be the official event day.
Kyesos
Alumni

Postby Kyesos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Oh, and here's the visual for the announce :

smile on Twitpic
Kyesos
Alumni

Next

Return to Live Performance Audio