So, potential serious problem guys...

Talk about whatever is on your mind.

So, potential serious problem guys...

Postby Orca » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:52 am

Apparently 'Orca' was a previous alias of darren beale from Tech Itch... Wut do? [shok]
Orca
Alumni

Re: So, potential serious problem guys...

Postby Alojzy Kowalczyk » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 am

Thou shalt not act zany, and claimeth his affections thine; and I don't expect you to do that.
I don't give a fuck. The only Orca I've heard of is the killer whale and the 1977 horror movie.
Last edited by Alojzy Kowalczyk on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alojzy Kowalczyk
Alumni

Postby Mina » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 am

I heard about another Orca making downtempo french touch sound years ago... And when I searched for your logo when making the SFHF2 cover, I saw they are others. In any case, it's not a problem at all!
I was disappointed when I saw there's another group named Blissphemy, but in the end, it's not a problem. The only thing is to keep a different alias for your webpages, like "This is Orca", it's very good. So when people look for you they can find your other streams easily, like "This Is Orca" youtube, "This Is Orca" soundcloud, etc...
:)
Mina
Founder

Postby SNM » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 pm

meh, I really don't see this as a obstacle,
For instance when I found out that someone had made and SNM page on Lastfm a few years ago http://www.last.fm/music/SNM they dug up pics of me uploaded some of my Darkstep releases and everything, I was surprised to see some Metal band there called SNM too. They had released some album on an obscure label several years ago. But in the end, what was I gunna do go off and change up my whole shyt...? At first it was a lil annoying maybe disturbing even. Thinking that someone was using "MY" name. I felt like I owned it, hell I've been putting it into video game rankings at the arcade since I was 11yrs old. I'm kind of attached to it. Could I e-mail them and ask them to change up some old project, no that would be fruitless. In the end we have to realize the world is a BIG place and the inter-webs just connects the dots on all of it.
We recently had this problem with "Mixed Media Hyper Culture" when preparing season two, some one else had used the old name of the show, to make some sort of semi-related podcast. And they took it just a few days after the original launch of Mina's work. It was distressing to say the least, but in the end the whole show got a face lift and a whole new more intense theme with the new name. You could always "report it to the cyber police" but I don't think u need to change ur moniker in this case man. My advice is to look at it as search engine promotion. Hell at least the previous handler of ur name does some cool shyt. Perhaps while browsing some unsuspecting user will see there is another Orca out there and clik on ur sounds just to see what its all about, especially since you have already released some material and have a strong following on soundcloud and what have you. Dont sweat it man. I never even heard of an Orca project before till u mentioned it. And as far as Im concerned there is only one Orca out there and that's my main man Jonah. [pardon]
SNM
Founder

Postby Orca » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:53 am

Thanks guys. I was just irritated. Posted on a few forums to promote the new release and all I got was "Hey, your not This Guys :P" replies. [naan] Anyway, the project name means something to me so I'm keepin' it. No worries.
Orca
Alumni

Postby SNM » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:17 pm

interesting update to this discussion cc PragaKhan:

Interesting tool for bands & artists - Find Out If Your Band Name Is Available On 150 Social Networks & Bookmark Sites http://bit.ly/sv9Tcy
SNM
Founder

Postby Alojzy Kowalczyk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:28 am

Alojzy Kowalczyk
Alumni

Postby Mina » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Well as I said in my first reply it's not a problem, I have to admit the fact that Blissphemy was already taken in Discog (BTW thank you Vojeet for changing the link!), HIGHLY annoyed me. The more we go, the more the other "Blissphemy" guy is here, and Broasis did follow him on SoundCloud too (he is Blissphemy, we are Blissphemymusic).

So as I advised Orca to put everywhere "This is Orca", I'm really asking now if we shouldn't put something at the end of our name too. I started to change everything into Blissphemy Official and Blissphemy Music, but I feel it's kinda rude, because the other Blissphemy also makes music, and as he was the first one, he's, in a way, as "official" than we are...

Before we release our first album, before we have more promotion (our Blissphemy is only 1 year old), I'm really thinking into, not changing all the names in social networks, it's done and too late for this, but adding another word on our name, so ppl can easily find us.

My mind goes to "Blissphemy Whispers" actually... The thing is that I'm pretty sure, as the other guys apparently doesn't release anything anymore, we could "steal" his place on the name, but I feel like it's really rude and unfair. I mean, even if you stop releasing on a name, you would be disappointed someone comes after you and impose on your name, no?

How did you manage finally Orca?
Mina
Founder

Postby Mina » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 pm

[auto reply]

We're now Blissphemy Whispers <3 Well, as you're friends, you can shorten with Blissphemy only ahahahah :') [siffle]
Well, I guess there's no need to "worry" about this type of issue, but finally, it's important to have a unique name, in these "Google bots" times. [pardon]
Mina
Founder

Postby verdroid » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:07 pm

so, another potential serious problem...
No, i was thinking if you guys ever get in times without inspiratonal juice?
You play your music game and just can't get none you like...? What do you do?
verdroid
Alumni Group Leader

Next

Return to General Discussion