MockRadar on Discogs

Talk about whatever is on your mind.

Re: MockRadar on Discogs

Postby Vojeet » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby SNM » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Hmmm Id call those Chiptune or Melodic Electronic maybe..?

I signed up for Discogs I hope I made votes correctly... still kinda fuzzy on the inner workings. But I've been blasting it on Twitter from @MockRadar and @Xz4iis feeds, already a few re-tweets and favorites so we should be seeing some traffic sooner than later.

I really appreciate all your time working on this Yves, and cant thank you enough! Lets show some love for Vojeet guys this fella has been working non stop since we founded MockRadar his tireless support and involvement in the family cannot be articulated. We got nothing but love and respect for you Brother! [clapping]

Let's show some support for [sitelogo] folks get on Discogs go put some votes in [good]
SNM
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:33 am

Love and respect is the best thing, what I need. Thank you, very much!
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby SNM » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Now this is the FAMILY spirit we're always on about!!!!

MR has always been about love, and passion for truly creative works for Cheo, Mina, and I. And MR was founded as a home where we could gather and spread this with like minded artist's, people like you Yves. We've had the pleasure of meeting, working, learning from, sharing with, and forging bonds with some truly awesome artist's and personalities, Frede, Isaac, Jerome, to name a few. Its not hard to identify that "MR Spirit" and this is the true "purpose" of MockRadar
SNM
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm

BTW: SweetPeaPod - DescribeMatt (So-So-Gutter's Three Minute Broken Hardstep Description) is this tune by him - http://www.discogs.com/artist/so_so_gutter?

Is this Volzoy - http://www.discogs.com/artist/aaaaa?anv ... +aka+AAAAA?

BTW-N°2 MR009 IDTags are very incoherent with the original files and information on soundcloud. This is counterproductive for artist, label and discography. And different file types for a release is a little bit awkward - 8 Tracks [7 MP3's and 1 AAC(M4A)]. [stone]
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby verdroid » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:42 am

just went for the 52nd time to discogs. can't listen or dl anything, so i don't get the idea. to me it just seems like a database with written discographies. or is that the whole point of it?
feels like a dumb question, but i realy don't get it (look'd already on wiki and google for answers)??

ps: i don't know about those tracks either mr. vojeet, but i'm very sure they aren't mine.
verdroid
Alumni Group Leader

Postby Cheomap » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:12 am

how are the idtags incoherent? They are the titles... no? What's the problem with them exactly? some people had a name for their remix... some didn't.. and the difference between soundcloud & itunes is there's a column for the artist name in itunes... soundcloud no, so it was displayed in a way that you can see their name.. if everyone had a specific name for the remix, then i would have been labeled different.
and the one aac file.... yeah, that was frede's track.. i got that a long time ago.. didn't realize it was not an mp3.. or i forgot.
i've been trying to find So-So-Gutter forever... lost contact with him.. tried contacting his old crew too... Vermin Street. so that may be him...
And Volzoy did go as AAAAA.. & yes, that's def him
Just like the Moon, i too would never turn my back on this world.
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:23 pm

@Producers
First of all, sorry for being a inch pincher. Discogs have strict rules and maybe they cancel the submission.
It makes sense to have only one version of one track. To have one tune spelled in different ways is obstructive.
And Cheo, you are not able to help it, because some other producers shoot themself in the foot.
A lot of our listeners are scrobbling tracks and most of the producers want to know these statistics about whose projects.

I don't know why, but the possessive s is unusual as well in remixes "Describe Matt (SchwanzusLongus's Remix)"

I have now 4 versions. Number 4 is the most common way to support both artists and the label.
1. Vojeet's Remix
2. Vojeet - Vojeet's Remix
3. SweetPeaPod - Describe Matt (Vojeet's Remix)
4. SweetPeaPod - Describe Matt (Vojeet Remix)

Or you just give a fuck.

@verdroid
Discogs is one of the largest online databases of electronic music releases and of releases on vinyl media.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discogs

Nevertheless, I just want to help and not to be a smart-arse.
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby verdroid » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 pm

still don't get it...but HEY, thnx anyway
verdroid
Alumni Group Leader

Postby Vojeet » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm

The following artists/labels are new to the database: Voidstar

I cannot find any artist info page. Who is he?
Vojeet
El Capitan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion