Revisiting

Discussion on WIP's and general ideas

Revisiting

Postby River » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Im working on some tracks for a release on MR. I inadvertantly stumbled across some early material I had long forgotten about. I like these, am considering opening the files and having a tinker. What do you lot think?
http://soundcloud.com/river-4/spen-cistal
http://soundcloud.com/river-4/death-spectre-of-mosr-afas
River
Alumni

Re: Revisiting

Postby Cheomap » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Aye.. sorry for the late response. i haven't had time to listen to anything :) phew!
i like them both.. i think cutting out like tw0 minutes each wouldn't hurt too much.. since it's such a slow moving work.. def chill out music..
4 mins in on death spectre of mosr afas is prob my favorite part of that song ;)
and the beginning of spen cistal reminds me of Cheezface.. ever heard him? you might like.
i am looking forward to hearing your 4 tracks.. i just ask that whatever you're putting together for a release, doesn't get posted anywhere online till on or after the day of the official MR release date.
We def prefer new unheard music... but revisiting older stuff is good too.
For a split, we def want 4 tracks that are written for each other, like a mini album.
cool man.
Let's give our friend some feedback y'all !
Just like the Moon, i too would never turn my back on this world.
Cheomap
Founder

Postby SNM » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 am

Im diggin ur Glitchy vibes on these, The first half of track one is a lil slow moving I agree. I love ur key work tough, the melodies are very interesting and have a nice progression. And I love all the interesting sounds.
SNM
Founder

Postby River » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:42 pm

thanks for the feedback! good to get an objective point of view. I dont think I will be using these for my half of a split, cos they dont fit with the other tracks I had planned, but I will develop them at some point. They both meander, as if they dont know whats going on, I think they could grow into solid songs though. Spen Cistal has a nice Groove and the melodic content is pleasing, and Death Spectre of Mosr Afas is weird but it a good way, I was clearly channeling something from another place when i recorded it! I dont even remember how I made most of that track!

thanks for the support!
River
Alumni

Postby Cheomap » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Yeah. I dont want to compare u to anyone persay ..but reminds me of boards of canada...doesnt sound like it, but i get the same confident vibe. Like i want to be in a dark bar with a buzz on and groove to your beats.
Just like the Moon, i too would never turn my back on this world.
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Mina » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:08 pm

I like the sharp sounds you use! It's very visual, I would make a visual story on it if I could draw :) Story telling or word dropping would be interesting too!

Hmmm I wonder maybe it's me always seeing images and stories on music... Synesthesia syndrom :p
Mina
Founder

Postby River » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:40 am

Thanks Mina, yeah I cant draw either,
Im going to play with these tracks once I have finished the stuff for MR, so much creativity at the moment, I need a second brain to keep it all in!
River
Alumni

Return to Feedback