MR010: MockRadar Alumni - Evilution

The latest releases from MockRadar

Re: MR010: MockRadar Alumni - Evilution

Postby Vojeet » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 am

Hehe.
I like this tune, but you are one the edge to repeat your sounds. Maybe, a few songs later, I'll say to me "this bass has already been dealt with ad nauseam".
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby Cheomap » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Orca........ :(. Hahaha. That about sums up your track right? Nothing more really to say about it. No, not at all.

The guy obviously missed the point of the release. Seems like he looked at it without a purpose.
But anyone smart, or half smart would realize that it was meant to be that way.
Maybe he just skimmed thru it.

Thats alright... Between my tracks, it's not good, hearable, and has gut.
Gut? Idk
I know that first track isnt groundbreaking by any means.. It was meant to be like a blank slate to create from.

But talking about intros being too long, and same sample crap, it just sounds like an impatient listener, which there is a lot of.
Just like the Moon, i too would never turn my back on this world.
Cheomap
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:07 pm

But he isn't, this is the funny fact.
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby Orca » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Vojeet wrote:Hehe.
I like this tune, but you are one the edge to repeat your sounds. Maybe, a few songs later, I'll say to me "this bass has already been dealt with ad nauseam".

I don't quite get what you are saying. I appreciate that you like the tune, but if acts like skrillex can use the same gurgling bass sound in all of their tunes why can't I incorporate older ideas and unique screaming synths in new ways? I reuse some of my sounds because I am proud of them. Maybe I took this comment the wrong way, I don't know.
Orca
Alumni

Postby SNM » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:16 pm

I am happy someone enjoyed the comp enough to listen to it in its entirety and make their own review, be it of their own opinion or not, its still great to know that people are listening outside our "circle" and talking up the album. This is a bonus in my honest opinion. And if I remember "Gut" means good in German :)
Everyone is not going to like all our tracks, this is the fun part about a label compilation, there will be something on it (Hopefully) that everyone can appreciate and enjoy listening to. As long as a MockRadar release has people talking I think we have all done our jobs well as artist's.
My personal opinion is that every track was solid and good in its own regard and that each artist did an excellent job with the continuity aspect of the release. Of course I have some personal favorites that I prefer, but in all there is not a track on this release that I don't thoroughly enjoy listening to, especially I think that this release is best taken as a whole listening experience, in its original order. For me the album would not be complete without all its counterparts. And when I listen to this (often I might add) its always from start to finish. And I always end it with a big smile on my face. I'm really proud of this release, as should we all be. It is footing EPIC ! And everyone did a bang up job I think, I just cant wait for the next one!

[good]
SNM
Founder

Previous

Return to MockRadaЯ Releases