Cadavre Exquis ~ A/V game

Here you can list what you have to offer, and what you need.

Cadavre Exquis ~ A/V game

Postby Mina » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:53 am

(edit : the game is finished, it was an amazing work together! thank for all your participations!)

At the beginning of the last century, french surrealists invented a game called "Cadavre Exquis". Basically, one poet writes the beginning of a text on a sheet of paper, then folds the paper in a way that only the last sentence can be seen. Then he gives the paper to the next one. Who only sees the end of the first stanza, and continues by writing the next phrase and so on... At the end, it's called a "Cadavre Exquis" (from the name of the first poem made this way). It's a continuous common artwork made by everybody without knowing the beginning nor the end of what he was doing. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse)

Let's play an audio visual game together!
In the next few weeks, I'm gonna make a video artwork with your music, and Arteechoke's drawings http://www.arteechoke.com/

How does it work?

7 pictures, we're gonna post here one by one. You participate by making a 30 sec to 1 minute max sound clip to go with the picture. The idea is to make a music "ambiance" to introduce the picture. Imagine where the character(s) is (are), what's happening around, let your imagination flow any way you want.

Then, send me the tracks and the sounds you used to make it (in a pm: a sample pack folder that will be used and upgraded by each of the participants). Post the last bar of your track (around (5/7sec) here via Soundcloud widget so any one can listen and decide if they want to follow your track. At this time, we will give the next picture. You will have to create the segement following based upon this 7 first seconds, to illustrate "your" picture... Etc...

I will compose a video and we will have an entire artwork with all the pictures and your sounds on it.

Ready? Let's go! Please note that you have MAX 2 weeks to do a track if you participate. Means if you make it faster, it's ok. But not more than 2 weeks or, with 7 pictures, it's gonna take way too long for the game :)

So, here is the first picture!!

(edit : here is the video now it's finished, be sure we will do more collabs like this in the future :D)
Mina
Founder

Re: Cadavre Exquis ~ A/V game

Postby SNM » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:57 am

OoohLaLa! This sounds fun [good]

Im gunna start one for this frst picture

[dirol]
SNM
Founder

Postby Alojzy Kowalczyk » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 am

Yeeep yep yep, I'm in on these fo' sure!
I've always been a big fan of surrealist techniques like exquisite corpse, automatism and decollage; and this really adds a whole other dimension to the exquisite corpse thing. :)
When I was younger, me and my dad would always draw these things. One of the few drawings I remember we ended up with, was a trashcan with a giant hairy leg and a flower for a head.
Alojzy Kowalczyk
Alumni

Postby verdroid » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am

i like games [biggrin] great idea
verdroid
Alumni Group Leader

Postby Mina » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I have to admit I've super excited by this game! First, I'm a gamer, IDK, maybe it's my left-handed imagination side, I always find a way to invent games :) Second, it's really cool to involve different types of artists in a creation, drawing, video, music, yeeees!!!! Third, it's a way to work and have fun all of us together, I will quote each artist in the video, and also MR of course !!! (^. ^)
You may like other Arteechoke's artworks also, go and see http://www.arteechoke.com !
Waitin' for SNM's audio creation to start making the video and the sample pack Image
Mina
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Me too, me too~! ♪(゚▽^*)ノ⌒☆
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby Arteechoke » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 am

Just thought I'd say hi :)
Arteechoke
Newb

Postby SNM » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Arteechoke wrote:Just thought I'd say hi :)

Welcome to the community Ben, We're glad to have you [mik]
SNM
Founder

Postby Vojeet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Hooray, Arteechoke on board. \o/
Vojeet
El Capitan

Postby Arteechoke » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:56 pm

SNM wrote:
Arteechoke wrote:Just thought I'd say hi :)

Welcome to the community Ben, We're glad to have you [mik]

Thanks for having me! [biggrin]
Arteechoke
Newb

Next

Return to Collaborations